Monday, June 2, 2008

Creatures

Last week at a local Barnes and Noble, a large Cecropia moth that had only a sort time before emerged from its cocoon was clinging to a pillar as its larva-body fluids finished fanning out into its wings.  It was just beautiful - and so was the spirit of the cluster of people gathered around it and peering through the glass store-front.  There was a sort of protective attitude toward this newcomer, and curiosity about what it was and its life-cycle. 

Google "cecropia moth" for photos - be sure to check out its amazing caterpillar!

Jean and I also have a nest with three tiny rabbits a few days old by our back door.  The neighbor's cat carried one of them away last evening and took it to her unharmed. One shaken tiny bunny was safely deposited back in the nest!

(When I figure out how to paste links and photos, entries like this will be more interesting!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I meant to get back to you about that. I don't know how other people do it, but I do like like so:

<.a. .h.r.e.f.=."L.I.N.K.G.O.E.S.H.E.R.E.".>.
link name .<./.a.>.

[you'll want to remove all the periods, of course]

Blog Archive