Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Sexy" enough?

"Sexy" is now sometimes used to describe political policies and other decidedly non-sexual entities. It basically means sufficiently attractive to sell to enough people. Is Jesus' teaching that obedience the one thing necessary in the Christian life sufficiently "sexy" to convince Christians and church-goers to actually do it?

I think so, although he would perhaps prefer to keep "sexy" in its usual place. Here's why:

Do I want my doctor to obey the Hippocratic Oath?
Do I want my spouse to obey his or her vows?
Do I want my pastor to obey everything Christ taught?
Do I want my children and grandchildren to obey Christ in everything?
Do I want my fellow Christians to obey Christ in everything?

If not, who would I want them to obey?

To obey Christ in all is the best thing I can do for myself, my family, my church, and the world.

No comments:

Blog Archive